Friday, April 11, 2014

In their own words

The past two days have been busy.  We have been working at the sponsorship house doing projects to help make it feel like a home.  Painting, cleaning, and laying floors.  Pictures will (hopefully) come soon.  Until then, here are a few notes from members of the team.  More will be coming tonight.
~Melissa

This experience has been absolutely awesome. I have been so touched by the people I have come to know. It has been a privilege to hear their stories. They have inspired me and I have been so encouraged by how the Korah Misgana Church cares about the people in their community.  God is so good! I’m thankful for my family supporting me through this experience and I hope that through this experience my friends and family who don’t know the Lord will come to know the Lord as their personal Savior and friend. 
~Rochelle

This is my first mission trip and it has been a great experience.  I love making friends with the kids and helping paint the church and sponsor house.  I have really loved how this team has bonded together and worked well together. 
~Deana

I am having a great time here in Ethiopia. I am beginning to learn more about the culture and I feel like I am connecting more with the people. God is teaching me more about meeting the needs of those in different kinds of poverty in a way that is helpful and longer lasting.  I went into a home of one of the sponsored children today. Although it was small it was connected with other homes and the sense of community was pretty kewl. Relationship is such a gift. God is good and He is moving.  It is also encouraging to see the people who are on the front lines of the ministry that we are coming along side with. They have beautiful hearts for the people and the Lord. Thanks all back home for the prayers and notes of encouragement that you sent with us. I have been very encouraged and blessed by all. 
~Catheryn

It is been fun here in Africa. I am have a huge life changing experiment being the youngest on the team. I think it is fun being able to interact with the kids, while still being myself and them still being them. I like how I have some diverents with them but, still are alike them. Like there are two kids who taught me how to play marbles. I thought of it as bowling with marbles. Like you had one pine left and two balls instead of one. It was fun but challenging. I liked it though. 
God bless, Audrey  

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I look forward to hearing more when you return.

    ReplyDelete