Saturday, April 12, 2014

From the rest of the team

The conclusion of the notes from the team.....

I love this place each time I am here part of my heart stays here.  We have been bonding with the Korah Kids and the people in Korah.  We have visited sponsor children and seen their homes..This trip we have only had electricity for a couple days and the water heats only if there is power, It makes me thankful for a lot of things that I take for granted each day.  I have enjoyed being with the team, we pull together and look out for each other.  I will be anxious to get home, but sad to leave.. Thank you all for your prayers and support.  (Tina)

I have tried to narrow this experience down to couple of sentences, appropriate for a blog, but I have come to the conclusion that it’s not possible. We have been to several houses, many of them beautiful by Ethiopian measure. We have worked very hard to clean up and paint the sponsor house and KMC, we have learned so much about who the people of Kore are, and had our hearts broken by the awful conditions that some of them live in. So in the end, I have to say that I am incredibly grateful that I got to meet Abera, the elders and Marta. I am grateful that if there are people who have to rummage through the garbage to make a living, we have a group of men who will do whatever it takes for them to hear and see the gospel. Sammy told us that before, he thought that God forgot about them, or didn’t see them. Today, they know that there is Jesus, and He has not forgot about them. That testimony by itself, makes this trip worth it. (Randy)

Words are inadequate to express what this trip has meant to me. I am so grateful for the opportunity to serve alongside these Ethiopian brothers and sisters.  They are so passionate about reaching their community and God is doing great things.  I had a special conversation with one of the elders who shared his vision.  The things they are doing – meeting needs, serving, caring for those who would otherwise not be cared for – are so inspiring.  And they are doing it one child, one family, at a time.  I am thankful to be able to share this experience with this group of people (Ethiopian and American).  We came to be a blessing and ended up being blessed.  God is good!  (Melissa)


When I came on this trip, I wasn't really sure what to expect. I thought I would see some material poverty as I had seen on trips to other countries. What I saw in the past was really just on the surface. A woman sitting on the side of the road begging or a man digging through a trash can for plastic bottles. Here I was able to meet the people that lived on a field of trash and hear their story. I was able to become friends with the people that work at the sponsor house and with the people of the Kore community. It amazes me how dedicated Abera, Marta, and the elders of KMC are. Many of them are educated enough to leave Kore behind, but they choose to stay and minister to the community. (Ryan)

No comments:

Post a Comment