Monday, October 15, 2012

Early to Rise

Hello All
This is Leanne bringing you the news of the day.  We were up early this morning ready to go to Rafiki.  We ate a packed breakfast of French toast (with no syrup) that would have been a mess with all the crazy driving and sticky syrup flying around.  We arrived at Rafiki with a short introduction from the campus director, then out to start VBS.  Well that is what we thought, we went to get all of our supplies to find that our van had left to go and gas up.  We finally got started with crafts, recreation and Bible story and songs.  We had 50 kids from ages 3-7.  After two hours of working with the children, we all had lunch together in the dining hall.  We were able to meet the house mothers of the children and eat lunch with them.  When lunch was over we had Bible story and singing with the older kids, I sure did enjoying watching Tina sing all those songs with the kids.  And the kids and their teachers loved her.    The kids listened to Jan so intently and loved hearing the story of Elijah with the widow.  What an amazing story teller she is.  We ended our day with giving each of the teachers a gift bag full of little goodies
Rafiki is a wonderful place for children who are orphaned for many different reasons.  It is placed on many acres of land where the children have lots of room to play.  There are 5 houses with a house mother and 10 children in each house.  These children are loved by these mothers and taught the Bible. Please continue to pray for these children as many of them have had a hard start to life
Now a little note to some of our family members
To Jeff, Julia, Megan, Ryan, Mom, and Dad.  Just a quick note to tell you all I love you and miss you.  We are doing well, working hard, and really tired.  See you Monday night.
To my mommy, Things are going great. I have seen God working in so many places here.  In Korah, wow God is moving mountains there and Rafiki is a blessed place.  I am fine and hope to stay well. I love you very much.  Love Clarissa.
Dear Family, I am having an amazing time here! The plane trip was really long, but still fun.  I miss you all. Can’t wait to see you, and tell you all the crazy stories.  I will talk to you soon!  Love you, Maggie
Hi People, I survived and I’m having fun.  Bret
I have been able to find many things to eat.  I have not had to resort to top ramen yet.  I am having an amazing time.  Love you Dad, Nana, Papa, Cash, Tango, Bo and Steve.  Hope you guys are having a great week so far.  Love Andrew.
Hi to all my friends and family.  Larry, I love you and miss you.  Can’t wait to be home with you…. I really love it here…the weather is perfect and the people and children are so grateful even for the little things.  P.S. Thank you Nelda, Bekki, Bren,  Vance and Tara  for taking over the preschool.  Please tell the preschoolers we miss them and think of them every day. Love Tina
Greetings, Thank you so much Nelda, Bekki, Vance, Bre and Tara for helping us out in preschool.  We think of you often as we work with the children here.  Louise, we are praying for a speedy recovery from hip surgery.

Thank you to those who are filling in while I am away.  It is good to have so many trustworthy people sharing each week. 
I want to thank everyone who supported each member of this team.  I am loving having a little bit of Spokane here in Ethiopia with our family.  We have shared many laughs and tears together.  I miss all of you.  Love  Leanne.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad everyone is doing well. You are having experiences that will be with you for the rest of your lives. May God continue to work through you and bless you all,

    Garry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you all so much and praying for all of you. Andrew, way to be brave in your eating. You are growing!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this post. It was so good to hear from everyone! Made me cry a little...Keep up the good work God has planned. We love you all!

    ReplyDelete